Quantcast

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Supra TK Society Pro Model Releases

A few months back we saw the initial pictures of Terry Kennedy's pro model for Supra. Now Supra has finally announced an official release and the 2 colorways that will be dropping.





The TK Society Pro Model will be dropping internationally on May 17th at select Supra accounts, so hit up your local dealer.


HighSnobiety caught up with TK for a nice interview about the shoe, clothes, skating, and how he hooked up with The Fly Society and Curren$y.

From Terry:
"The shoe was probably already 50 percent done already the first time I saw it. It was a high, already had the two straps, but there were a lot of things we started to change. We changed the sole on it. It was a cup sole at first, so we changed it to a vulcanized sole which skates better, because I wanted to make something that I was comfortable skating in, but at the same time was fashionable. Then we hid the laces, tucked em in so when you skate ‘em your laces don’t rip. Then we put a special sock liner on the inside, so when you slide your feet in it hugs your feet. That’s why people trip when they put it on, it’s so comfortable.

I like to strap em when I skate in ‘em, give my ankles some support. Then when I’m not skating I like to rock ‘em unstrapped, with the straps just flaring out, get the swagger going."

Read the interview in its entirety here.


-john-


via HS

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Home | Streetwear Fans | Streetwear Brands | About Us | Blog | Contact Us