Quantcast

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Clippings - KiD CuDi and Vashtie in Mass Appeal #50

Clippings is going to be a new segment on SwaggerDap where I give some shine to the forgotten world of print. I seem to amass a decent collection of magazines and catalogs so i'll be posting 'clippings' from these mediums, both new and old.

To kick it off, the 1st clipping is a throw back from one of my very favorite magazines, Mass Appeal. In issue #50, they introduced KiD CuDi as an underground artist to look out for, back when he was still on A-Trak's Fools Gold label...




The picture and issue are from early 2008, before the 10 Deep mixtape, way before GOOD music and before anyone had really heard of the man. He was on tour with Fools Gold, still spreading the word about Day n Night and partying his ass off. I remember when I saw Cudi rocking this angry face Bape crew neck in the mag, I instantly had to hear his stuff, and even tho Day n Night was pretty much his only song at the time on his MySpace, I was instantly hooked and a fan from there on.


And on a sadder note, this was Mass Appeal's 2nd to last issue, they had to shut down operations, so don't kill yourself trying to find one.



-john-

2 comments:

  1. I was so sad to see Mass Appeal go. I believe Miss Behave lasted a little longer (is it still in print???).

    Been reading this site for a while now, but never commented. Think the Clippings segment is a dope idea.
    www.ihearditonatshirt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not sure if Miss Behave is still around. I see the stickers around the city sometimes but not the mag.

    and thanks for reading! glad you like the new segment :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

Home | Streetwear Fans | Streetwear Brands | About Us | Blog | Contact Us