Quantcast

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sanrio 50th Anniversary Art Show in Miami

To celebrate their 50th anniversary, Sanrio has been on a pop-up road trip across the USA for the past month or so, and as that tour hits Miami (Dec 2-5), there is going to be an amazing Sanrio art show. Art Basel has commissioned 50 artists from around the globe to create some Sanrio inspired works that will be sold for charity...












I'm fucking LOVING these Sanrio inspired pieces, and only wish I could be in Miami to see them all. Most feature Hello Kitty, but I also see Chococat and Badtz-maru in there for the real Sanrio heads (don't ask me how I know these things). Here's a short taste of the artist line up: Shepard Fairey, Mike Shinoda, Niagara, Jason Alper, Adam Wallacavage, Mark Mothersbaugh, Richard Colman, and Seonna Hong. Not too shabby. And even though I doubt it will top this, I'm really excited to see what this Sanrio tour will bring to NYC on December 9th.

The exhibition will only be in Miami for 3 days (December 2nd-5th) and all of the proceeds will go to a Miami charity.

Small Gift Miami
December 2 – December 5, 2010
173 NW 23rd Street
Miami, FL 33127


-john-

via arrested motion via hypebeast

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Home | Streetwear Fans | Streetwear Brands | About Us | Blog | Contact Us